Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD Today

Options
  • 05-11-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Samsung 49” Curved UHD Smart TV (UE49KU6640) - 699.95

Does this qualify as a bargain. Must say I am tempted

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

It's ibood, not with a barge pole...up to yourself though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Not sure if it's a bargain or not but I have used ibood around 10 times last purchase was an Apple Watch and I never had any problems with them..once you are not in a hurry with your order ..most of mine have been delivered within about 5-6 weeks it will state clearly the shipping date.
    I know a lot of people have had negative experience with them around returns and other issues but i have always found them good to buy from...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just Google iblood and you'll have your answer.

Avoid if you've any sense at all, there is a reason they've low prices, along with gearbest.

Theyre so bad they have to have low prices to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Used them loads of times without issue

As with them all, it's when you have that issue that the problem starts.

Stores can only be rated on their customer service to customers when problems happen, and iblood are up there with the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Irishder wrote: »
    Samsung 49” Curved UHD Smart TV (UE49KU6640) - 699.95

Does this qualify as a bargain. Must say I am tempted

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

Buy now should have it for xmas 2018 , if at all . Stay well away .

Can I ask those saying avoid what issues that have had ..genuinely would like to know in case of problems with future purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

do people think its a good price??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Seems a good price, half tempted myself.

As for iBood, bought at least 20 - 30 items from them down the years, never had any issue other than the delivery was unpredictable to say the least.
    Everything always did turn up in perfect condition. but I never had any issue with the equipment, so don't know what they would be like if there was a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

As this is the most recent iBood thread, I thought I'd post my experience with them at the moment.

I have used iBood about 5/6 times up until now. As others have stated, it usually takes anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to get your product. This in and of itself doesn't bother me as by the very nature, it's usually an impulse purchase bought because I feel it's a bargain as opposed to something I desperately need. I have never had any problems with any products I've purchased from them up until now.

I purchased two Windows Connect 9 inch tablets about 3 weeks ago. They came last Saturday. One is in perfect working order. Given the price (€50) it is not a top of the line machine, but it's functional and that's all I expected at that number. However the other one simply doesn't work. When you power it on it tells you to restart to install Windows. You restart and get the same thing. And so it goes.

I went about returning it. The directions were not overly clear but eventually I had it boxed up and ready to go. I priced the return - €36.50 by registered post. As they specified it be sent that way, I was not happy to send it regular post. However having heard horror stories online, I wanted to make sure I'd actually get this 37 quid back, lest I end up 87 quid in the hole with an untrustworthy company. I emailed them advising the cost of shipping and asked them would they definitely refund my money. This was last Saturday. I received an email on Monday telling me they were unsure and would get back to me within 24 hours. That itself seemed alarming - surely it's either a yes or a no? A blind man can see where this is going next. I have, of course, not heard a peep since. I have sent 3 chaser emails. Nothing.

I didn't want to have to ring them because my sense is that it may not be an overly enjoyable experience, but looks like I'll be buzzing them Monday.

37 quid? surely it'd be cheaper via nightline or DPD?

Price wouldn't be worth sending it back, they don't pay for your return shipping costs as far as i know.

I'm sure a quick google will give you a guide how to flash win 10 yourself, if you're anyway techy.

You may be right. Their returns stated REGISTERED POST specifically, and given the problems people list with them, I figured best to do *exactly* what they requested so they had no out. Their website says they do cover return shipping if the product is faulty on arrival (as opposed to down the line) which mine was.

I just assumed Windows 10 would be something I'd have to pay for. Also, if I muck with the tablet I am guessing that'd invalidate whatever right of return I have? And there's always the chance that the reason it isn't working is that the tablet is just a heap of s**t right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I bought from ibood several times.Yes, delivery was slow. On two occasions I had to contact customer service, once to return something and another to cancel an order. I did get refunded in a reasonable time and would use them again if the deal is good enough and I am not in a huge hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have used them a number of times no problems really but customer support is lacking.

Ordered a laptop once, charged twice, I complained then got refunded ... twice. ok then.

As I have used them before with no issues as I said before in this thread...my sister recently purchased a refurbished iPhone from iBood with a years guarantee after a week or two serious problems with phone not taking a charge making phone unusable..sent a couple of emails asking about returning phone got no reply for a week...eventually got email back telling her to send it back registered post and they would refund cost of phone and postage...
    In the meantime sister brought phone to a repair shop to see if it was a easy fix rather than sending it back ...it needed a new battery so she got a new battery fitted..60 euro..she chanced her arm and send off the receipt and old battery explaining what she did...a month passed with no word back...another email sent ...two days later they refunded her the cost of battery..
    So yes very poor customer service when something goes wrong ...but keep at them..

Oh don't worry, I will. Gonna be like a dog with a bone about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Villa05

harr wrote:
    Can I ask those saying avoid what issues that have had ..genuinely would like to know in case of problems with future purchase.

Got stuck with a TV complete with a cracked screen. Ibood are horrible to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Parcel delivery companies are registered post? You have tracking facilities and delivery confirmation?

Try parcel2go.com to find the cheapest courier for your requirements.
    Monokne wrote: »
    You may be right. Their returns stated REGISTERED POST specifically, and given the problems people list with them, I figured best to do *exactly* what they requested so they had no out. Their website says they do cover return shipping if the product is faulty on arrival (as opposed to down the line) which mine was.

I just assumed Windows 10 would be something I'd have to pay for. Also, if I muck with the tablet I am guessing that'd invalidate whatever right of return I have? And there's always the chance that the reason it isn't working is that the tablet is just a heap of s**t right?

Advertisement