Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide Earphones Shortage

Options
  • 05-11-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I wanted to ask am I the only one who has noted this nationwide earphone shortage. It's especially noticeable on public transport among kids of a certain socioeconomic bent aged 12-16

I'm puzzled as I seem to see loads on the shelves of video/music stores, I see them in Dunnes, Tesco, Argos. I had thought maybe some of these kids can't afford them (as many of them appear somewhat....feral) but then I was reminded they sell them in pound shops for €1.50-3.00.

I can only assume they are so poor they can't afford even that, but it's confusing because they apparently CAN afford smart phones like the iPhone 6 which are a couple of 100 Euro

So it led me to the conclusion they are not poor kids, but ignorant anti social cun@s who were never taught by their parents (who probably had them along with a few other "accidental" kids) that there are. OTHER PEOPLE in the world besides you and they might not want to listen to music they're not into turned up so loud the sounds going crackly , especially when they might be trying to read, listen to their own music when yours is invading their earphones and mixing together giving you a migraine as you go to this novel invention called "work"

IMO this should be the same as a no fare fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Would you not ask them to turn it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Would you not ask them to turn it down?

Maybe he doesn't want to be stabbed by some scumbag in inner city Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

XPS_Zero wrote: »
    they sell them in pound shops for €1.50-3.00.

you'd be able to here their music just as loud with those cheapo earphones (or indeed with the crappy ones Apple includes with it's products).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're a good decade late to this phenomenon. In fact its being dying out for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Public transport, buddy. Hard luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

L1011 wrote: »
    You're a good decade late to this phenomenon. In fact its being dying out for a long time.
    yeah, it's not something i can remember hearing in the last while. certainly was more common several years ago.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you want a freeform rant, get a blog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement