Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7"+ Tablet for a 7 Year Old

Options
  • 05-11-2016 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Looking for tablets for the kids this year and bought 3 Amazon Fire 7" Kids Edition tablets. While I think they might be OK for the younger kids (besides the stupid lack of YouTube Kids), after playing with one I think they may be a bit kiddie for the eldest one.

So what I'm looking for is a 7"+ tablet. I need a rugged/bumper case and tempered glass screen protector for it as it will get dropped (love the Amazon 2 year guarantee for that).

I do have the option of giving her access to the adult profile but with passwords on the settings etc and deleting some apps. Not sure if I can even delete the default Amazon apps themselves. Another option is to just install vanilla Android and work from there but it's a lot more arsing around than what I'd planned for.

For those with kids around that age, what's your setup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnnylancer

Look at Lenova 7 inch
    These are very sturdy
    My 6 year old has one which is battered from dropping it but still works perfectly

Advertisement