Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P9 lite Gold or Black + Beats EP Headphones Was £169.99 ! Now £179

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sit tight the Irish networks should have there xmas offers out in the next week or two. That's working out at about 215 before parcel motel and cost of unlocking.

if your into music you'll get a way better set of headphones for the money than those beats and if they can include the P9 lite at that price you can be sure there's a price drop due on the P9 lite for xmas, Huawei will be mad for market share from Samsung this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bargain?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Bargain?

100 euro headset with a soon to be 130 euro phone, no not a bargain with the effort involved. 2/3 weeks time is when to buy a phone and don't wait until after xmas to get a bargain as prices rise again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How'd you figure it's soon to be a 130 euro phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

100 euro headset with a soon to be 130 euro phone, no not a bargain with the effort involved. 2/3 weeks time is when to buy a phone and don't wait until after xmas to get a bargain as prices rise again after that.

There isn't a hope in hell this phone will be €130 at Xmas. It retails here at €240 you'd be doing well to get it for €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Taken from hukd

Looks like decent value. The main issue being delivery through and unlocking the phone itself. Maybe some techies here can advise. Delivery should work through Parcel Motel I'd say?

http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/huawei-p9-lite-gold-beats-red/details?WT.mc_id=ON_MEC_A_AffWin_HotUKDeals&WT.tsrc=Affiliate

So it was 169 and its now 179 great bargain mate

ROY RACE wrote: »

You can find it for a better price? Link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jesus someone throws up a bargain on bargain alerts and people try and knock it down.. why?

It's clearly a bargain due to more or less free beats headphones regardless of what people think of the brand. Plus Irish network rip us off with most of their payg deals.

Thanks op for the initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

One thing about that deal is a tick box that says you need to provide proof of identity on delivery, which parcel motel won't be able to do for you.

I thought it looked like a good deal. I have no interest in the Beats and would hope to flog them if I bought this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cudders wrote: »
    There isn't a hope in hell this phone will be €130 at Xmas. It retails here at €240 you'd be doing well to get it for €200

Fully agree. It's also an excellent phone, for €215 with a pair of Beats (which you can just sell for a good chunk) it's an absolute no-brainer.

It will not be €130 or anything close at Christmas. Seems to me people just want to take some bizarre satisfaction out of shooting down what is an incredible deal.

• Advertisement

You've to buy it with 20 quid credit.

I'll bet 200 euro will get you a good deal here in the next few weeks happens every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Tried to buy this earlier in the week but ee wouldn't accept an irish credit card and wanted a uk one.

Anyone been able to successfully receive this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Great bargain. Cant seem to buy online unfortunately but ill be making a journey to newry before Christmas some fantastic savings to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 4oyo

I've worked for EE before, they really don't deliver the item without identification on receipt..... could turn out to be a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I hope the battery life on the P9 Lite is better than that of the P8 Lite ,which is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭yannakis

You save -10 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

YanisK wrote: »
    You save -10 :D:D

Cheapest price for both together in the republic I can find is €360. £179 is working out at €200.
    Thats a huge saving.
    Title is misleading in fairness.

I just ordered one with a Revolut card with pick up at an EE store. My family live in London so I'll be over before Christmas to collect. They may still knock the transaction back as I've not received confirmation of the sale from Revolut, but it's worth a try.

Thanks OP.

boombang wrote: »
    I just ordered one with a Revolut card with pick up at an EE store. My family live in London so I'll be over before Christmas to collect. They may still knock the transaction back as I've not received confirmation of the sale from Revolut, but it's worth a try.

Thanks OP.

Think they will take the order, but not process it and your card wont be debited.

kala85 wrote: »
    Think they will take the order, but not process it and your card wont be debited.

I think you're right. Although I've received confirmation of my order from EE the lack of confirmation from Revolut makes me think this isn't a goer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

I have a P9 lite and I assure you the battery is fantastic 3000mah (all day from 6:30am tell 10:30pm heavy usage" FB Instagram, steaming video) no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

rabii wrote: »
    I have a P9 lite and I assure you the battery is fantastic 3000mah (all day from 6:30am tell 10:30pm heavy usage" FB Instagram, steaming video) no problem

Yeah, I swapped my S6 for the P9 Lite and it's a big improvement in battery department. Excellent phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Thanks OP.

why not transfer the money into one of your familys account and get them to buy it for you?

I think you're right. Although I've received confirmation of my order from EE the lack of confirmation from Revolut makes me think this isn't a goer.

Any more success with the order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I picked one up in Newry the weekend before last for £129.99 + £10 top up.

It is a smashing phone and battery life seems very good , but there is a big but, it must be one of the trickiest phones to unlock.
    Dc-unlocker doesn't work for me, then I ordered a code online (everywhere it tells you that it will take up to a week, which I found bizarre, but even after the week was over, they got back to me stating they needed more time..) If that route doesn't work I will set up an account with EE and get them to unlock as a last resort..

When I am saying battery life seems very good, I obviously haven't used it a lot, but on standby with wifi on and a couple of hours playing around with it each day (taking pics, speedtests, downloading and configuring apps, emails etc) , it lost less than 40% after 5 days. My Moto G would loose that in less than one day by only being on standby.

Anyone have any luck with buying one online.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

I unlocked mine using service in ebay for 7 euro or so. it's true sometimes it take's up to 10days. it worth it do. the item number is 222206951089 sorry I don't know if I could post the link or no but you can serch for the number in ebay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I have just actually registered the EE number on their site and requested an unlock code from them directly.. doesn't harm having a few irons in the fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

anybody have any luck unlocking these? Id really like to get one but i have heard can be hard to get unlock code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Still waiting on this 130 euro phone. Three weeks are almost up and none of the networks appear to have offered any significant discounts here.

Advertisement