Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Nissan Note automatic

Options
  • 04-11-2016 11:15am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, this is a thread I never imagined I'd be creating. So first things first, this is NOT replacing my 325Ci. It's for my girlfriend. Essentially it was her granny's car, low mileage dirty sink water brown in colour and automatic. I'm pretty certain it has been serviced with Nissan annually since new. We were told we could have it for 2500 if we wanted it.

So the question is, is there any reason to avoid? I think the price is fine for what it is, I've driven it once and all was grand, although that was a while back when I wasn't expecting to buy it!

It will be used as a car for running to the shops really, low mileage urban stuff for the most part.

So what do yee think? Avoid, or worth considering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I test drove one while back - and despite the box had only 4 gears and 1.6l, it was nippy and still good on petrol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

grogi wrote: »
    I test drove one while back - and despite the box had only 4 gears and 1.6l, it was nippy and still good on petrol.

Wasn't sure if it was a 1.4 or 1.6, so cheers for that. I should also mention it has a fresh NCT for 2 years. So that's a plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're not a bad yoke at all. For that money you wouldn't go far wrong. Knowing the history is a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Quick question on these. Are they available in both 4 speed and CVT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

CVT probably on jap import models and 4-speed for european ones would be my guess, would double check as I'm not 100% sure on that.

EDIT: just checked, it is exactly what I suspected, cvt for jap with a 1.5 petrol, EU can be 1.4 manual or 1.6 with 4-speed auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Right, this is a thread I never imagined I'd be creating. So first things first, this is NOT replacing my 325Ci. It's for my girlfriend. Essentially it was her granny's car, low mileage dirty sink water brown in colour and automatic. I'm pretty certain it has been serviced with Nissan annually since new. We were told we could have it for 2500 if we wanted it.

So the question is, is there any reason to avoid? I think the price is fine for what it is, I've driven it once and all was grand, although that was a while back when I wasn't expecting to buy it!

It will be used as a car for running to the shops really, low mileage urban stuff for the most part.

How much are you paying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How much are you paying for it?

OP was a year ago...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Esel wrote: »
    OP was a year ago...

My apologies :) Ive a few for sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

That clears a lot up for me, cheers folks.

Advertisement