Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are You Considering a DIY Camper Conversion?

Options
  • 04-11-2016 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, if anyone in the Dublin area is considering a DIY camper conversion over the Winter and needs an extra hand, hit me up.

I'm planning on starting work on my own van in the new year (a VW T25) and could do with some experience and learning a few tips in exchange for helping out anyone that may need a hand (not looking for money in return, just some experience and tips).

I have experience with some power tools and not afraid of a bit of hard work so I'm not a total newbie! Cheers!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thegodlife

There a facebook group called self build campervans and they are based in the UK, some nice images of conversions and ongoing projects.

Im interested but a few years away at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13 keggs

Excellent! I'll check it out, thank you! I'm at welding school at the moment and in a few weeks I will be going to the UK, a company over there is going to show me how to fit pop top roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thegodlife

keggs wrote: »
    Excellent! I'll check it out, thank you! I'm at welding school at the moment and in a few weeks I will be going to the UK, a company over there is going to show me how to fit pop top roofs.

BTW forgot to mention that the insurance here is a bit of a nightmare compared to the UK with respect to self build campervans. Might be worth your while to just investigate it a little first before you commit to time and money converting. The other alternative is insure it as commercial but puts you in a predicament if you have any incidents, the van may not be covered as could be deemed as being altered from manufactures initial spec.

Advertisement