Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Clocks Back one hour (DST)

Options
  • 04-11-2016 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭

I couldnt find which department to put this in - You know last weekend we put the clocks back one hour and then the old chestnut comes out about should the clocks be put back or not, whether it should be scrapped or not, well what would it turn out like now if we left it permanently on this time now and dont put them forward one hour next year in the spring (what is it march is it?) - well anyway if we left them as is now, would things be ok or will we have that kids going to school in the dark nonsense or whatever it is , or is that just in the winter months if we didnt put them back one hour in the winter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Why does it upset people so much that the clocks change??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Your thread needs to be put back 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Great to get up to a bright morning, I love the start of November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

josip wrote:
    Great to get up to a bright morning, I love the start of November

Hopefully nobody mentions the other November that doesn't start with M.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

We tried Central European Time for three years in the late 60s and early 70s, it was abandoned for a few reasons. I think the biggest drawback was the sun not rising till 10am in mid winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Edups wrote: »
    Why does it upset people so much that the clocks change??

It feels unnatural for it to plunge into darkness an hour before it should do. It's too sudden and I want to resist it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I like the darkness and the extra hour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Personally I'd prefer if we remained on GMT all year round. I can't see the point of BST for a country west of the Greenwich meridian.

CET for Ireland being this far west is of course just nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It's still dark at 6 am when I get up so I feel no benefit. I like the Winter but I need to adjust slowly because ..fecking anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

PARlance wrote: »
    Your thread needs to be put back 5 days.

It's right on time for those of us in the U.S. Clocks go back here tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement