Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants, Fees and Dropping Out

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am in first year and am considering dropping out of my course and starting again in first year next year. I got a grant this year so I didn't have to pay any fees.

In UL, the tuition fees are €2558 and the student contribution is €3000. Would I have to pay all of this myself? If you drop out before 31st January they refund half of your fees, so I'm wondering if I'd only have to pay half the fees next year.

I have emailed SUSI and UL but neither of them have responded, I really don't want to drop out before knowing what fees I'll have to pay next year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

have you not only just missed the first deadline to withdraw without any fee implication

You dont mention if you have been attending classes or you ceased. You also dont mention if you registered on your programme or not.

Colleges dont really work with "dropping out" - it means something different in an academic sense.

I would strongly recommend if you can call into the university and speak with someone directly, and i mean asap. Dont email ...call into them or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah call into UL offices physically.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement