Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Carlow that know about beards?

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I read that castor oil was great for beards. I gave it a try and it totally destroyed my beard. I've shaved it off and re-grown it twice but it's still in a terrible state. I'm convinced it permanently destroyed my beard and actually changed the structure of the hair.

I've asked on forums how to fix it but I think what I really need is for someone to look at it and give me advice. Are there any barbers (or hairdressers) in Carlow that know anything about beards? I don't just mean cutting them, but that really know about hair and how it grows. I just want someone to tell me if and how I can save my beard or if I need to just forget it and shave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ohara byrne in Tullow would know. Not too sure about the carlow shop, but the lad in the tullow one would be good for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Just curious, but unless the oils damaged the roots how would it be affecting regrown beards?

I prefer being clean shaven or at worst one or two days stubble and genuinely dislike beards (esp on women) so have never come across this before

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

O'Haras on Tullow Street or if you are willing to travel to Kilkenny then Marble City Barbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Owryan wrote: »
    Just curious, but unless the oils damaged the roots how would it be affecting regrown beards?

I prefer being clean shaven or at worst one or two days stubble and genuinely dislike beards (esp on women) so have never come across this before

I'm fairly certain the castor oil seeped deep into my pores and actually changed how my hair grows. I've shaved my beard off twice and both times it has grown back the same way.

Advertisement