Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media's Digital Radio Stations (formerly UPC)

Options
  • 03-11-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭

Last Sunday, I noticed that Channel 935 on Virgin Media's Digital Radio Stations is still up against TXFM even though it is gone. I just checked - it's still the same. Also, last Sunday, I happened to listen to a bit of Pat James' Off The Record on Radio Nova through this medium, i.e. on the television. I noticed that Sunday School was displayed. I don't think the Sunday evening programs are called that anymore.

Is this not updated at all? They did drop the channel selections before for the stations that were no longer part of the package: Smooth Radio, Radio Caroline, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It seems to be a general thing with digital radio in Ireland, on my internet radio presenters that have left the station or shows that no longer exist are often displayed as currently playing. It takes a while before they're updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Is that how Non Stop Nineties got onto the channel on the 31st?
    I heard they were on channel 935.

There was a relay of NS90s on 105.2 on the day. I wonder did Virgin's tuner pick up their signal as I doubt they would relay a pirate intentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

DavidJC wrote: »
    Is that how Non Stop Nineties got onto the channel on the 31st?
    I heard they were on channel 935.

There was a relay of NS90s on 105.2 on the day. I wonder did Virgin's tuner pick up their signal as I doubt they would relay a pirate intentionally.

That's exactly how it happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Ahh well figured so! Pretty smart move.

They had quite a platform for their final day. SW, MW, FM (Dublin and rural), VM, Online.
    Really brought me back to the Pulse days. Everything as slick or better than a licensed station with none of the staleness.

Shame it couldn't last. Comreg had to get their trophy raid in before they closed too.

Advertisement