Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best indie/alternative in Dublin

Options
  • 03-11-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I starting up a group for like minded indie music lovers on a page newish to the scene in Dublin and just wondering about a few areas. Ideally I want a place that is biggish reserve for 15 people, dance floor and not too small and cramped and it's for a Friday.
    Suggestions - Gypsy Rose, Bruxelles, Whelans, Fibbers etc never been to Workmans would that be good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Gypsy Rose is any so would be cramped. Workmans is good but I think mostly on Thursdays. Doyle's is pretty good, good music, big enough dance floor and 3 floors. The Grand Social is a cool spot too. Great smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

We would all be mid 30's upwards so dont really want a student type place with teens/early 20's. I could only think of Whelan's or Workmans but never been to later wouldnt mind grand social but it would have to play indie for the Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Doyle's might be a good choice then, however I moved out of Dublin so haven't been in the city in a while so I may not be in the loop anymore.
    Sin E was always good, a little bit further up the quays though so might be out of the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

Downstairs in The Globe would be a decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I dont know if space wise would be good for an event with 25 people though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

miss choc wrote: »
    We would all be mid 30's upwards so dont really want a student type place with teens/early 20's. I could only think of Whelan's or Workmans but never been to later wouldnt mind grand social but it would have to play indie for the Friday night

Bleeding Horse would be a more mature crowd with good indie tunes, but no real dancefloor... well, there's space to throw shapes if you really want to (many people will!) :pac:
    Late bar also.

from website:

Funky Feel Good Fridays
    Friday & Saturday - G.I.R. (Glamorous Indie Rock)
    we play an eclectic mix of indie, rock, electro pop, 80's (good 80's), britpop, dance... & a sprinkling of quality hip hop/ska/reggae/weird stuff thrown in for the win ...
    10.30pm till late no cover charge...

Advertisement