Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding

Options
  • 03-11-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a HG568c modem. Been getting moderate NAT on the xbox 360 since i got it, finally trying to tackle it now. Have done a good search on the web for instuctions on how to forward the ports and found this https://portforward.com/huawei/hg658c/ . I can login into the router and navigate to the NAT/ port forwarding page. The instructions say to choose xbox live- xbox one from the drop down menu. However i have an xbox 360, any idea what application to chose to begin forwarding the ports?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xbox live is the service, not a console. Its correct.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hi,
    I have a HG568c modem. Been getting moderate NAT on the xbox 360 since i got it, finally trying to tackle it now. Have done a good search on the web for instuctions on how to forward the ports and found this https://portforward.com/huawei/hg658c/ . I can login into the router and navigate to the NAT/ port forwarding page. The instructions say to choose xbox live- xbox one from the drop down menu. However i have an xbox 360, any idea what application to chose to begin forwarding the ports?

Thanks,

Xbox 360 requires the same ports as the Xbox One. In fact, it actually requires less, but there's no harm in using the Xbox One setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

sorry missed out the important point. there is no xbox live option in the drop down menu. In work so cant remember all the options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

sorry missed out the important point. there is no xbox live option in the drop down menu. In work so cant remember all the options.

Ah, ok. Just took a look at the portforward website there, it's actually telling you to set it up manually rather than use the "application" drop down, so use the "customisation" button instead. It's also missing out on a few ports as well.

These ports need to be forwarded:
    • Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)

Basically, you just need to fill out a manual port forward for each of the above.

If any give you an error message like "reserved" or anything like that, then it's okay to ignore them.

ok thanks will give it a try, the customisation option has a drop down also with about 4 options. any ideas which to try? Apologies but ive never done this before.

• Advertisement

ok thanks will give it a try, the customisation option has a drop down also with about 4 options. any ideas which to try? Apologies but ive never done this before.

No worries!

The drop probably contains something like these options:

TCP
    UDP
    BOTH

so you just need the select the right one after the ports above, i.e. Port 88 should be UDP, Port 3074 should be BOTH, etc.

You'll have to add the four ports separately.

Is this the white Vodafone router? If so just enable UPnP (on by default anyway) and add the xbox IP to the DMZ,I've open NAT that way.

With portforwarding set up on it , we had issues where if my partner was playing on 360 and I was on the One she'd have either strict NAT or it wouldn't let her sign in.

Other thing is even with port forwarding set up and working I have to reboot the router every 10-14 days as NAT just slipped to moderate for no reason consistently.

If you are dealing with just one Xbox on the network by all means use port forwarding. Also when doing this it's prudent to go into the DHCP settings and reserve an IP for the xbox (not to be confused with a static IP) which will ensure the xbox gets the same IP address every time and is the one the ports are forwarded to, given the number of devices at home that want IP addresses these days this could be an important step, we have about 15 things here :o

If it's the vodafone router, I'll have a look I think I posted screen shots here of the settings before.

here is the screen shot of the port forward page.

http://imgur.com/a/o6iwz

It is the drop down on the interface menu that im not sure of.

The choices are
    -ATM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_8_38
    -PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10
    -INTERNET_R_USB
    -ETH_TR069_INTERNET_R_VID_10

Enfilade, yes its the white vodafone one. uPNP is enabled and only 1 xbox.

Not sure if this makes a difference but its connected to the modem via a powerline adapter.

here is the screen shot of the port forward page.

http://imgur.com/a/o6iwz

It is the drop down on the interface menu that im not sure of.

The choices are
    -ATM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_8_38
    -PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10
    -INTERNET_R_USB
    -ETH_TR069_INTERNET_R_VID_10

Enfilade, yes its the white vodafone one. uPNP is enabled and only 1 xbox.

Not sure if this makes a difference but its connected to the modem via a powerline adapter.

Are you logging in with admin or superuser ? That box should be greyed out under an admin login so leave it alone, it's ok as it is.

Start + end port are the same as is internal port so you just fill those in one by one for each port. Internal host is the IP address of the xbox.

For a quick easy check before you add all the ports, you have upnp enabled so go one tab left to DMZ and add your xbox IP address there in the host box , and check DMZ under it. Save reboot everything and check the NAT on Xbox again. If it's still strict or moderate forward the ports.

EDIT: Oh as for your OP saying the instructions say to pick Xbox live it could be there under the application menu on the top right, but theres no need to set that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

EDIT: Oh as for your OP saying the instructions say to pick Xbox live it could be there under the application menu on the top right, but theres no need to set that.

Its not, I have the same router and all that has is something for Rainbow Six, some Skype thing and other stuff I cant remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'm also having the same trouble, I recently bought my daughter a xbox 360 and can connect to xbox live but am getting NAT moderate. I've followed online instructions and rang vodafone support who helped me for ages to try get it going and finally got it but as soon as I put phone down it went back to moderate.
    I have the same router as the op. any help much appreciated
    I have the port forward settings in but when I check to see if ports 53,80,88,3074 are open on canyouseeme it says ports are closed

Advertisement