Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation needed ASAP

Options
  • 03-11-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

Just been offered a job in Kilkenny. Went on daft.ie to see rooms that are available and what I am seeing? THREE rooms for rent... and I thought Dublin was bad!:pac::pac:

I need a place to move in 2 weeks time.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

o1aa wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Just been offered a job in Kilkenny. Went on daft.ie to see rooms that are available and what I am seeing? THREE rooms for rent... and I thought Dublin was bad!:pac::pac:

I need a place to move in 2 weeks time.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Kilkenny is a disaster. Apt I used to rent, 2 bed and nothing fancy was 550 per month 3/4 year ago. Same ones I've seen lately going for 850...that's if you can even get one!
    I think the local paper Kilkenny People would have adverts for accommodation. It may be easier/cheaper of course if you're willing to live outside in a surrounding town or village.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭o1aa

road_high wrote: »
    Kilkenny is a disaster. Apt I used to rent, 2 bed and nothing fancy was 550 per month 3/4 year ago. Same ones I've seen lately going for 850...that's if you can even get one!
    I think the local paper Kilkenny People would have adverts for accommodation. It may be easier/cheaper of course if you're willing to live outside in a surrounding town or village.

I actually don´t mind paying 400€ for a room but the problem is that there is nothing being listed on daft.ie or rent.ie to choose from. I only have a provisional licence hence cannot commute from nearby town.

I think I might rent out a room through airbnb first... Cheaper than staying in a hotel!

I even tried Rent in Kilkenny group on Facebook but it looks like not many use it. I think my best shot will be go to the local shops and look at the ads there.

Maybe someone on boards.ie is in a similar situation? It´s easier to rent out a whole flat/house than just an individual room. PM me ;)

Cheers!

Check out all the Kilkenny auctioneers - you'll find them on Google - I know some people put up accommodation for rent through an auctioneer rather than the bother of posting on daft.

inthehat wrote: »
    Check out all the Kilkenny auctioneers - you'll find them on Google - I know some people put up accommodation for rent through an auctioneer rather than the bother of posting on daft.

Perfect, thx for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I seen rooms posted up on the notice board in Supervalu the other day. I will be in there later and I will have a look. If i see anything I will let you know

• Advertisement

@toe_knee thanks! much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I moved out of Kilkenny about 18 months ago. Housing situation was similar then, complete disaster. If you can manage it, the best advice I got was to get the KK people newspaper first thing on the day it's out and call the numbers listed. Half the ones that go up on daft are gone within the hour. The old lads renting some of the apartments only use the paper as they don't do Internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

o1aa wrote: »
    @toe_knee thanks! much appreciated

The other thing I'd say is if you're in one of the big companies (like Glanbia) get a short term rental for a week or two and ask around. There was always a room going there but they may not necessarily advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I have a room if you still havent found anything , I live in the heart of Kilkenny everything is within walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Looking for a place myself at the minute. There doesn't seem to be much available close to town but then it's not a great time of year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement