Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Heffernan Olympic Medal Ceremony

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,044 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Delighted for him. I don't think many people realise just how competitive and dedicated Rob is and was. Has given his life to the sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

walshb wrote: »
    Delighted for him. I don't think many people realise just how competitive and dedicated Rob is and was. Has given his life to the sport...

A fact possibly not known by many is that he is one of only 2 Irish athletes to have 3 top 8 finishes in the Olympic Games, and the only one to do it in 3 different Olympics. He finished 8th in the 20km in 2008, bronze in the 50km in 2012, and 6th in the 50km in 2016.

The other athlete is Sonia O'Sullivan who was 4th in 1992 in the 3000m, won silver in 2000 in the 5000m and came 6th in the 10000m also in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Must be something in the Cork water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

walshb wrote: »

http://www.irishrunner.ie/the-walk-of-life-a-day-in-the-life-of-rob-heffernan/

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

About time too.

• Advertisement

Tombo2001 wrote: »

Thanks. Very interesting. Really helps me out on another thread here...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Not often I say this about athletics in Ireland but last night was pretty much as perfectly organised an event as you could find. Kudos to everyone involved.

Rob and Marian are on the Late Late Show this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Not often I say this about athletics in Ireland but last night was pretty much as perfectly organised an event as you could find. Kudos to everyone involved.

Heard it went well alright - nothing like a bit of Cork organisation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Chivito550 wrote: »

Did you make it on time?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Excellent article/interview with Rob on page 18 of today's Irish Daily Mail. He had his own brush with the 'law' it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement