Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy S7, or wait for s8?

Options
  • 03-11-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice here. Looking to buy the s7, but I realise the s8 will be released in 4 months, approx 11th March.

Do you reckon I should hold out and wait for the s8 to come out? I don't need a phone urgently, my Xperia z2 works fine, but would love an upgrade.

when I think about it, whatever they do with the s8, I find it hard to believe that it will make me want to upgrade. Heard rumours of a higher res display, higher screen-body ratio, dual camera, iris scanner, but alot of that seems unnecessary, especially considering what the s7 offers.

Just looking for opinions

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Smartphone as a technology and as a market has matured, there is little to no room left for improvement - can you name a single significant thing that the S7 lacks which you would like to see? Just buy it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

AngryLips wrote: »
    can you name a single significant thing that the S7 lacks which you would like to see?

Replaceable battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I was in the same boat. Ended up getting a fairly new second hand S7 for under €400.

Will probably sell for about €100 less when S8 comes out.

Hopefully there's no battery issue delays with the S8 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Replaceable battery.

Ya, you're in the minority there and that isn't going to be a thing that sees a serious comeback from any manufacturer any time in the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Seems plausible.

• Advertisement

If you're surviving with the Z2, I'd just wait for the S8. Another thing to consider is how long you get support with software updates from Samsung. The S7 only probably has a year to 18 months left, and if you're planning on having this for a long time, it's definitely worth thinking about.

On top of that, I reckon Sammy will be trying to pull out all the stops for the S8 after the disaster with the Note 7.

Advertisement