Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts Clubs in Galway City?

Options
  • 02-11-2016 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I was trying to look this up, but was having a difficult time tracking down martial arts clubs in Galway city. Does anyone know of any good clubs? I moving to Galway and thought I'd look into it. I would be mainly interested in kickboxing/judo.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

For Judo i'd have a look at John Creaven's club in the Claddagh area, i've heard nothing but good things about the club. Here is a link:

http://www.galwayjudoclub.ie/index.php

Not to sure about kickboxing. There is also BJJ in Point Blank gym in Ballybrit with Tim Murphy if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Second Tim's place www.PointBlankGym.com

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

The Galway Black Dragon Kickboxing Club is based in Riverside Commercial Estate, Tuam Road, Galway.
    Professional Full time Gym - 4500 sq feet - three boxing rings - 20 punch bags - fully matted - fully equipped etc.
    All Instructors are Garda vetted, Fully Insured & Indemnified, Certified In first Aid & Childrens Code Of Ethics, Certified IABA Boxing Coachs, Personal Trainers & Gym Instructors.
    Chief Coach is Pete Foley - 7th Dan Black Belt with over 40 years experience and trainer of multiple World Champions.
    Tel: 087 8119227 or find us on Facebook or www.blackdragon.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

For Judo - check out Johnny Creaven in Creavin House, The Claddagh, Galway or Tony Allen in the Oranmore Community Centre, Oranmore, Co Galway.

Advertisement