Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Dangerous Stretch of Road

Options
  • 02-11-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

There is a stretch of road I drive along a couple of times a week in Ballymun where the new 15-20 social houses have recently been built beside the roundabout at Poppintree.

There are litteraly loads of young kids from about 3 years old who play in front of the new social houses. I've seen on numerous occasions young kids running across the road from behind cars where there is a bend in the road and cars drive quite quickly. With the dark evenings now I would fear a kid could be seriously injured on this stretch of road.

I actually drove by the other day and seen the Gardai and a gathering of people as a car had actually drove through a wall in a garden along the bend in the road.

I'm sure there are plenty of similar roads around the country but personally I have never seen a stretch of road that jumps out as being so dangerous. There are ramps along the road but they are useless and do not slow cars down.

Is there an office in Dublin City Council that can be contacted for concerns such as this or is there any chance anything could be done about this to make it less dangerous?

I know parents have a responsibility to watch their kids while out playing but this stretch of road its very busy and cars drive quickly and it just seems dangerous to me.

Comments

Advertisement