Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Metal/Galvanised Metal Piping

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am planning to build a desk using threaded piping for legs. However these lengths range from 600mm to 60mm however I can only find very long or short pipes. I also can't thread the material.

Please suggest a place that I can buy pipes near Dublin if possible. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If it is not going to be subject to people falling onto it etc, you could get away with electrical conduit, comes in 3m lengths I think, with both ends threaded. Add a flange on each end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BenBorchers

It needs to be 40mm thick and needs to take a lot of weightthough

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

I made a large shelving unit out of a few lengths of railing and fittings .same as those in the link in previous post. I would have a lot of weight stored on it for years. Its rock solid. I got my stuff free as i was involved with the removal and disposal of a few thousand metres of it years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Would you be able to use kee klamp fittings instead of threading the pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BenBorchers

Yes I would be able to use kee clamps, what do you suggest

• Advertisement
Advertisement