Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Band

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I found one of these Xiaomi Mi Band bands on the beach today looking lost and lonely. Is there anyway of finding the owner? Can I connect it to a device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

glisten wrote: »
    I found one of these Xiaomi Mi Band bands on the beach today looking lost and lonely. Is there anyway of finding the owner? Can I connect it to a device?

Don't think so. It doesn't connect via USB. If you use an app like nRF connect it might be able to get some details about the device but not enough to identify the owner I'd say. It'll tell you the Bluetooth MAC address alright, but the only way you could get it back to the owner is if the owner checks his or her MiFit app to find the MAC address and posts it somewhere.. Bit of a long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 glisten

Don't think so. It doesn't connect via USB. If you use an app like nRF connect it might be able to get some details about the device but not enough to identify the owner I'd say. It'll tell you the Bluetooth MAC address alright, but the only way you could get it back to the owner is if the owner checks his or her MiFit app to find the MAC address and posts it somewhere.. Bit of a long shot!

Will give the app a go. Thanks a mil for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

glisten wrote: »
    Will give the app a go. Thanks a mil for reply.

If you're not able to find the owner then you can take forceable ownership of the band using some free apps on the app store

Advertisement