Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course

Options
  • 02-11-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a 3rd year student general nurse. I have recently made the very difficult decision to not complete my final year in nursing as I am very unhappy in the course and can't see myself being in the career for the rest of my life.

I have arranged to see a guidance counsellor next week but was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what my options are for going forward? What courses can I change into? Will I lose my grant? Do I need to finish year 3 and get my level 7 before changing course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I am a 3rd year student general nurse. I have recently made the very difficult decision to not complete my final year in nursing as I am very unhappy in the course and can't see myself being in the career for the rest of my life.

I have arranged to see a guidance counsellor next week but was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what my options are for going forward? What courses can I change into? Will I lose my grant? Do I need to finish year 3 and get my level 7 before changing course?

You should finish year 3 and get your level 7 . You can then attend a level 8 from year 1 and may be entitled to the grant

This would be the case as long as you have not exceeded the maximum terms of study at undergraduate level

2 years level 6
    3 years level 7
    Max of 4 years between 6 and 7
    4 years level 8
    Max of 8 years total at under graduate

Details here

If you do not attain your level 7 , you may not be eligible for funding again until year 4 of a level 8 course .

Advertisement