Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Toyota Yaris - warning sound?

Options
  • 02-11-2016 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Recently, my Toyota Yaris has been sounding a beeping noise each time I turn the engine on. The beeping only lasts for about 10 seconds and is not accompanied by any warning lights on the dashboard.

It's driving me nuts - does anyone know what could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nothing that came with the car originally. Could be an aftermarket radio, alarm or phone kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Seatbelt warning/faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CS2811

I can't be too sure, I have a seat belt warning light but that doesn't seem to come on when the sound goes off. I do keep a bag on the passenger seat it could be the preasure - I'll try plugging that seat belt in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Low temperature/ice warning maybe?

Senna wrote: »
    Seatbelt warning/faulty?
    Kensington wrote: »
    Low temperature/ice warning maybe?

Yaris doesn't have these functions.

• Advertisement

OP does your car have a regular radio fitted in the cubby box above the ashtray as well as the factory fitted tape/cd player directly above it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the Yaris a Japanese import?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CS2811

Sorted it guys, I have pioneer radio that seems to beep when turned on (I have no idea why - but that's what the noise is)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, one of those things that can drive you med until you have figured out where the noise comes from :)

Advertisement