Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with glass question fixing price

Options
  • 02-11-2016 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

Dont know if I've this in right section. But here goes if anyone can help.

I recently broke glass on front door. Well glass didnt go into 1000 pieces. But it shatterd hard glass.

I was told it was going cost probably 1000 or 1200 to fix
    I nearly died when heard this, the pic I've uploaded would have same design glass on side panels and be same door width.

Anybody specilize in Glass repair think €1000 is to much? Are they trying get extra money out me.

I'll probably get somebody I know dealing with glass to tell me, but wanna see could get responce here.

In this case can glass be repaired or have be new glass?
    The shatterd part would be about 2-3 feet in lenght.

With repair labour could it be that price?

Thanks for any reply ☺

BELOW IS ATTACHMENT OF PIC. SIMILER GLASS DOOR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did you break the stained glass bit, or a regular pane of glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Take a good photo and measure exactly what size your frame is.
    We used this company when we got lots of different glass custom made and cut.

Showers, bathroom mirrors, white glass splash back and our custom glass table tops. They were great and fast to deal with. Very professional and I would highly recommend them.

http://www.churchtownglass.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Cost will depend a number of things
    If it is proper cut stained glass ie with lead going the whole way through.
    If stained glass, how old is the glass, and can it be matched. This bits important as you had a matching pair, eg if texture is made any more or the bevelled bits need to be replaced, they are custom or out of stock.
    If it a double glaze unit.
    Anyway the rest of the panel will be taken out to be restored, so for stained glass you are paying for the offsite labor.

Advertisement