Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to rent

Options
  • 01-11-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi just wondering about Nice places to rent for my and my fiance and 2 pets. Working in hospital for 6 months.
    Heard ardkeen is nice.
    Looking for nice area. Minimal students. Back yard. Quietish traffic. Decent shops
    Price the least of our worries
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Ardkeen Village, Grange Manor, Powerscourt, Earlscourt all decent and within walking distance of the hospital and would all be about the same price for about €800 - €900 a month for a 3 bed semi.

Or you have probably Collins Avenue that would be a bit nicer, bit more expensive and bit more further distance.

Or then you have Ballinakill and Ballinakill Downs which again would be bigger and more expensive houses and a bit further away again...

All very nice neighbourhoods and if you get a place in any of them you should be fine although it might be hard to find somewhere that excepts pets...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

Any idea what templars hall would be like? Nice looking house there but seems too close to the It there.
    Would it be too loud and messy with students and parties and that?
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

newwan wrote: »
    Any idea what templars hall would be like? Nice looking house there but seems too close to the It there.
    Anyone know?

I would not go near it if I were you.

BBM77 wrote: »
    I would not go near it if I were you.

Thanks.
    Is the college rough enough down there? There are 3 houses on daft close to the college but I think we'll wait for some place else if the college is anything like limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Try Ballybeg ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone know?

run away! lifes too short. you wont have any peace there at all

How about ferrybank? Lovely houses there and prob no students.
    But what would traffic be like getting to the hospital at 8 in the morning or home at 5pm? Traffic wouldn't be worse than Cork or dub so I reckon it'd be OK but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you'll be working in the hospital and aren't too stuck on specific price range I'd stick with the areas Reni10 mentioned, maybe with the Williamstown Road & Ballygunner thrown in too. You'd have little or no commute to work and it's a nice area to live in. I wouldn't fancy chancing being near the college and certainly not Templars Hall from stories I've heard of students there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thanks.
    Is the college rough enough down there? There are 3 houses on daft close to the college but I think we'll wait for some place else if the college is anything like limerick

The college isn't rough.

Well i dont mean rough but ive been to college and i know what goes on, and i dont want to live within 2 miles of most colleges
    There is a nice place in ballygunner. bit pricey but its lovely... might be worth it to save the drive every morning

• Advertisement

Well i dont mean rough but ive been to college and i know what goes on, and i dont want to live within 2 miles of most colleges
    There is a nice place in ballygunner. bit pricey but its lovely... might be worth it to save the drive every morning

The only drawback to Ballygunner is there aren't really any shops in walking distance, and the traffic from there to the hospital can be bad in the mornings but even at peak times you'd be talking max 15/20 minutes. At normal times and even in evening peak times you'd only be talking 5 minutes as you'd miss most of the traffic jams coming from town. I would think even with those small disadvantages it'd be miles ahead of Templars Hall/college area for someone working at the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Simple as this. Move as close as possible to the hospital.

Traffic on all roads to the hospital is ****ing nuts so why would you rent on the wrong end of it?

Everything you want is within walking distance of the hospital so get a house right there.

Simple as this. Move as close as possible to the hospital.

Traffic on all roads to the hospital is ****ing nuts so why would you rent on the wrong end of it?

Everything you want is within walking distance of the hospital so get a house right there.
    Lol good man... And how do I do that then when the houses aren't for rent in that area?
    I doubt 5he traffic in waterford is as bad as my last 3 jobs in Cork Dublin and Toronto so I hope I'll manage. But I am looking for the best option all round

Sorry excuse my sarcasm! I appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Lol good man... And how do I do that then when the houses aren't for rent in that area?
    I doubt 5he traffic in waterford is as bad as my last 3 jobs in Cork Dublin and Toronto so I hope I'll manage. But I am looking for the best option all round

Sorry excuse my sarcasm! I appreciate the help

Lots of houses there.

http://www.daft.ie/waterford/houses-for-rent/waterford-city/no-2-trenton-grove-earlscourt-dunmore-road-waterford-city-waterford-1694516/

First in list.

None that will take pets or for 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Buddy of mine has a lovely cosy house in upper grange area. Five minutes walk from Tesco. Twelve mins walk from WRH. Has just become vacant. He is looking for a decent couple as tenants. PM me for info.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stay out by the hospital itself! Don't even think about Templars Hall, it's like a zoo with student parties every single night of the week it's where most of the students live. There are regular residents there too but I'm sure they'd rather be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

And by the way, Ballygunner is near the hospital but not as close as Collins avenue, williamstown ardkeen village, ballygunner would be a good (help me out here) 25 minute walk to hospital if not more? Obviously five minute drive.

Yep Ballygunner would be a good walk to the hospital, I was assuming the OP will have a car. If you won't then probably wise to stick with the estates Dartboardio recommends.
    If you're having issues renting for 6 months with leases etc it may be worth looking at the rental houses out at Faithlegg hotel, or Waterford castle. No idea what they're like but as far as I know they do longer term rents than just weekly holiday ones but you might not have to sign up to the full year.

Advertisement