Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound for theatre

Options
  • 31-10-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

what type of speakers would you need for putting on a play outdoors? eg what wattage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

Go to Sound Hire on barrow street or if you're thinking of buying go to Sounds Around on Capel st. Talk to either of them, they'll put you right. (I am not affiliated with either establishment but have used them both many times)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Go to Sound Hire on barrow street or if you're thinking of buying go to Sounds Around on Capel st. Talk to either of them, they'll put you right. (I am not affiliated with either establishment but have used them both many times)

Thanks. Someone is selling the box 300w speakers and I was thinking of buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Bob Z wrote: »
    Thanks. Someone is selling the box 300w speakers and I was thinking of buying them

Without a doubt the worst brand on the barket.

If you are as inexperienced as it sounds, please go to a professional and have them supply and mix your show. The pitfalls of theatre sound are many, varied, and deep! Bad sound will ruin it for everyone, most importantly the audience.

Best of luck ~

g

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Torpid

Do you have a PA etc? Sounds like you may need a professional/semi-professional on the case -notoriously tricky to get a good sound outdoors, especially for theatre

Advertisement