Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for Sale, dog left in back garden alone for Halloween

Options
  • 31-10-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Hello

As per the title, a broken up couple across the way have left their dog in the back garden (if you could call it that) and moved out. There is a for sale sign up in the front garden.

I called in to their next door neighbour, an elderly woman, to enquire about the constant barking. She said yer man comes back "every now and then" to feed the dog.

I will be making a complaint to the *SPCA and the dog warden. Surely it cannot be legal to leave a dog like that. Because it is the Halloween weeks, the bangers have been going off and the barking is driving me fecking mental. I was dreaming about killing him, but now I'm raging someone could leave an animal like this.

Surely its not legal? If the occupant isn't at the home surely they are not in control of the animal?
    Your dog must be accompanied by and be under your effective control or the control of another responsible person if it is outside your home or premises or the home or premises of the person in charge of it.
    http://www.dspca.ie/DogOwnersLegalResponsiblities

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Poor dog must be shockingly distressed tonight. Would the neighbour have a number for one of them? Could they be contacted to take the dog in, even for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Are u in a position to take the dog in for the night? I would be concerned with it being Halloween, he will be very stressed being out with all the fireworks going off, added someone may throw one in at him. Then contact SPCA in the morning for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I was away for the night myself. The dog is fine today but seems to be barking at anything. I will be contacting the above services tomorrow.

There is no number for the person that owns the dog. Such a ****ty way to treat a living thing.

It had a companion, and noise wasn't that bad. Elderly dog, very grey but that seems to have died in the last couple of months so I've been told.

I really cant get over the irresponsibility of it. The dog warden and *SPCA will probably do feck all about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

If the dog has food and shelter, they probably won't do anything. They might be asked if they want to surrender the dog, it's cruel and selfish to leave it in limbo like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

thats horrible! Is there any update.. Very odd how people treat animals. On a search for places to rent we viewed a house that came with a young cat. I spotted the food and asked the people (they werent the owners, the owners left over a year ago abroad) and they say the young cat came with the house. Very irresponsible of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement