Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do bus tickets make no sense on price?.

Options
  • 31-10-2016 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Today I had to go home to my hometown of cahir from cork for the night. I just can't work out why the cost of a ticket is so high?. I paid 14 euros single as I have a left tommarow.

But the thing I don't get is the fact it costs the same for a Dublin ticket on the X8 route?. Dublin single 14 euros. Cahir single 14 euros. There has to be a error somewhere on this?. As a extra 180km work out the same as a trip to cahir from cork?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Possibly because there is competition on direct Dublin routes (from trains and private operators) but you don't have as much choice getting to Cahir so they can charge what they want.

Advertisement