Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play programs

• 31-10-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

is there any point making a playbill for a theatre play? do people buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bob Z wrote: »
    is there any point making a playbill for a theatre play? do people buy them?

Any play I have done we just gave them free. People will rarely buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Witchie wrote: »
    Any play I have done we just gave them free. People will rarely buy them.

even for a nominal fee? like a euro

how may pages did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bob Z wrote: »
    even for a nominal fee? like a euro

how may pages did you do?

Only a small one with 1 A4 page folded in half with 3 sheets of info on them and a cover.

Feels wrong to charge for them for some reason but if you were doing a more luxurious one of a few pages maybe you could charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

We always just do the A4 threefolds for free if anything at all. For small am dram the vast majority of the audience are family and friends of thr cast who are there supporting them, theyve already paid 10-15 euro on going to something that they may have very little interest in (usually enjoy it anyway but what gets them there is a favour or token if friendship) doesnt seem right to charge. A friends company was charging 2 euro for them and i was like no thanks.

I still think you should see if you can get involved in a local production of something just to get a bit more experience before going out and trying to do a production on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

An alternative to selling them is to put a couple of adverts on them instead.

Get a local business to sponsor the show/program and reward them with some advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Rachiee wrote: »
    We always just do the A4 threefolds for free if anything at all. For small am dram the vast majority of the audience are family and friends of thr cast who are there supporting them, theyve already paid 10-15 euro on going to something that they may have very little interest in (usually enjoy it anyway but what gets them there is a favour or token if friendship) doesnt seem right to charge. A friends company was charging 2 euro for them and i was like no thanks.

I still think you should see if you can get involved in a local production of something just to get a bit more experience before going out and trying to do a production on your own.

The event is free so no one paying so I thought we'd try to get a bit back

I'll look into advertising even if we only get wine

Advertisement