Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Googles AI creates own Encryption

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Turn that computer off now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

In TLDR fashion (though its not terribly long in fairness);
    This means robots will be able to talk to each other in ways that we – or other robots – won’t be able to crack. I, for one, welcome our robotic cryptographic overlords.

Fascinating concept.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    ...Fascinating concept.
    Ultimately the researchers found that Bob and Alice were good at devising a solid encryption protocol on their own as long as they valued security.

I'm guessing that it shouldn't be too long before we see background functions used to devise an encryption protocols for 2 way communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I'm guessing that it shouldn't be too long before we see background functions used to devise an encryption protocols for 2 way communication.
    I wonder if that will ever realistically be possible though. Even in that experiment it was thousands of iterations before they discovered a way that worked.

A library that created a unique encryption method for every n-way conversation would take security up several notches, but seems impractical for everyday use.

It has huge military and financial potential, but I'm not going to wait for my browser to go through 10,000 iterations before telling me it's now safe to log onto my online banking :)

Advertisement