Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable HDMI scart lead

Options
  • 30-10-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

Hi not sure where to post. I am just wondering about the HDMI scart leads to watch films on tv not just a laptop that can connect between a laptop and tv can't seem to find one that is suitable in the technology shops. The one I think is suitable is one with a small connection for the laptop for HDMI and a bigger connection for the TV in argos.

What would anyone recommend? Or would one that bridges a connection with a usb/box with a scart lead be a better option, tried looking at the ones I have and they don't fit.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If your laptop has a HDMI slot it's just a case of connecting a bog standard HDMI lead to it, the very same as from a games console to the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya just the scart leads I saw in the shops seemed either too small or too big to fit the slots for the laptop/tv. I'll look into it again thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

doovdela wrote: »
    Ya just the scart leads I saw in the shops seemed either too small or too big to fit the slots for the laptop/tv. I'll look into it again thanks.

It's not a scart lead from the laptop. Had your TV a hdmi port? If it had and your laptop has as well then as said above you just need a hdmi lead.

Ok. Ya they both have a HDMI Port.

Don't want to buy one and then end up returning it. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

doovdela wrote: »
    Don't want to buy one and then end up returning it. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

They're all the same. Just buy a cheap one in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A HDMI lead in Dealz is about €1.50, that's all you need.

Advertisement