Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy s7 won't turn on

Options
  • 30-10-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I installed zooper on my phone today and was reading how to use it online when my phone froze and shut down. It got very hot despite having just a black screen.

Managed to get in on an hour later by power on and volume down. Got a message or two and then it shut down again . Haven't managed to get it on since regardless of what's combinations of resets I use.

It's not rooted. It was unlocked by 3 and it's on Vodafone . Any suggestions? Got no spares so need to get it up and running

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Is it still under warranty? I'd take it back pronto

Is it still under warranty? I'd take it back pronto

S7 only came out this year, well over a year of warranty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'd be straight back with it then, it'll only get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Yeah the problem with warranty is that it probably has to go the UK and leaves me with no phone in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Sounds like it's fecked. You'll get a cheap phone to tide you over in Argos for 20 yo-yos. Nothimg fancy, old button style crap.

• Advertisement

Bought it sealed and unlocked from adverts. I have a receipt from totterdells and it was on 3. Where does one start to look for repair ? Totterdells or 3.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why would three repair it? You'll have to deal with the retailer.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why would three repair it? You'll have to deal with the retailer.

Because three supply the handsets to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Take it to the Samsung service center in Dundrum, I would recommend them having used them to repair my s7 edge.

BigCon wrote: »
    Take it to the Samsung service center in Dundrum, I would recommend them having used them to repair my s7 edge.

Can those carphone warehouses that became samsung stores sort it? There is one in Swords.

• Advertisement
Advertisement