Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo pay by card

Options
  • 29-10-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Possibly a silly question, but if I prebook a taxi using Hailo, I need to give my card details.
    When paying, do I then need my actual card or can they just take it from the details I've given?
    Heading in to the Dublin marathon in the morning, and would ideally like to leave the card at home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Possibly a silly question, but if I prebook a taxi using Hailo, I need to give my card details.

Are you registered with Hailo and when you did, did they validate your credit card details? I've never prebooked so don't know if there are different rules in that situation, it's done in the background when you call a taxi from the smartphone app and for those trips you don't need the card though you have the option to pay cash if that suits you better e.g. there's a gang and everyone is chipping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No. You don't need the card. It's simply debited from it.

Advertisement