Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eligibility to Teach

Options
  • 29-10-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. Engineering Graduate looking into teaching maths and doing the PME offered by either UCD, DCU or Hibernia College. Turns out I'm short essential areas of study credits in both Algebra and Geometry, as specified by the Teaching Council's Subject Declaration Form for Maths.
    Has anyone any advice on how to "top up" my degree by these 10 credits, without having to do a whole 30 credit course somewhere such as the Open University.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dayyyzzzyy wrote: »
    Hi guys. Engineering Graduate looking into teaching maths and doing the PME offered by either UCD, DCU or Hibernia College. Turns out I'm short essential areas of study credits in both Algebra and Geometry, as specified by the Teaching Council's Subject Declaration Form for Maths.
    Has anyone any advice on how to "top up" my degree by these 10 credits, without having to do a whole 30 credit course somewhere such as the Open University.
    Any help appreciated.

There have been a good few threads on top up credits for maths... Have a look at these, ultimately though the Teaching Council are the ones who give the ok for which modules... Have you contacted them?
    Some colleges might let you on to the pme while you are doing the top up credits... Maybe!

Advertisement