Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague and Vienna on a budget- any tips?

Options
  • 29-10-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭

I have about 8 days to play around with next year and was planning to see the best bits of Prague and Vienna. I intend travelling in either May or September, and would like a few tips on the best way to do this without blowing the bank. I don't have a specific budget as such, I just don't want to pay through the nose for public transport, food, museums etc when there are perfectly cheaper ways to see the same thing.

My plan is abut 3 or 4 days each in Prague and Vienna, if anyone has any advice on the above that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Well the good news is that Prague is a very budget-friendly city anyway as food and drink there is extremely cheap. When I was there I stocked up on food from the local Marks & Spencer. It's also a very walkable city so I don't think you need to worry about public transport if you don't mind walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Well the good news is that Prague is a very budget-friendly city anyway as food and drink there is extremely cheap. When I was there I stocked up on food from the local Marks & Spencer. It's also a very walkable city so I don't think you need to worry about public transport if you don't mind walking.

When I went recently i paid 620KC (£31GBP) for 72hours transport for 2 people for all trams and buses

Came in handy for going up to the castle and bypassing the queues using the side entrance

Food and drink can be cheap as long as you stay out of Rocky o Rileys and similar pubs - just because they are similar prices to UK

Czech beer can be as cheap as 30KC a pint

Hope this helps

Advertisement