Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus online check in

Options
  • 29-10-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm flying to the states tomorrow and logged on today to check in (can only check in within 24 hours of flight). When I went to check in, Aer Lingus website is saying for me "Online check-in is not available, Please go to the airport to check-in" but I am able to check my wife in, who is on the same booking.

I've looked through the forum and see there are several topics like this but none where a group on the same booking has half been able / half unable to check in.
    Can anyone advise why I would be unable to check in but my wife can?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

you forgot your esta so she is going on her own :D

I have no idea why that would happen Aer Lingus would be the ones to ask, ask yer one at the desk tomorrow and let us know when you come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Haha. That wouldn't surprise me!

Have everything in order so it surprised me too. ESTAs and APIs all completed well in advance. Will let ye know the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Maybe you have already checked both of ye in as its the same surname? Double check what is says on your wife's check in print out.

Maybe you have already checked both of ye in as its the same surname? Double check what is says on your wife's check in print out.

I didn't check her in. Thought it better for us both to check in together. I doubt it's the surname thing as her passport is still in her maiden name and that's what the booking is under.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Aer lingus randomly select some passengers for transatlantic flights that have to check in at the airport as a security measure. Possibly you have been selected for this flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Extraplus wrote: »
    Aer lingus randomly select some passengers for transatlantic flights that have to check in at the airport as a security measure. Possibly you have been selected for this flight.

I'm assuming this is what happened. No biggie just extra screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Probably just an additional document check

Extraplus wrote: »

This was it. I was selected for the "SSSS" secondary screening.

Pain in the arse to be honest. I have no trouble getting additionally screened as it generally doesn't take too long. On this occasion though, the gob$h!tes though never punched my card after I had it done (which is what they are supposed to do so the boarding personnel know you've been secondary screened). Ended up being pulled from the boarding gate and having to go back and do the same thing again.

Advertisement