Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa winter training

Options
  • 28-10-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

What should Gaa players focus on this time of year, Long runs?Heavy weights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

fire_man wrote: »
    What should Gaa players focus on this time of year, Long runs?Heavy weights?
    What level are you playing/will you be playing next season? What are your aims for next season? They can each play a role in deciding what you should be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I wouldn't focus on long runs unless you're training for a running event.
    Fitness can be brought up quite quickly in January.

I'd suggest a decent weight training programme of 3-4 sessions a week and maybe a ball handling session and a sprint session once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fire_man

I play senior club.I would like to improve speed and power.I am currently doing core work.odd 5k run and couple weight sessions a wk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I would say sprints for speed. But no real point in doing it this time of year, not just yet anyway. What you're doing seems to be fine, I'm in the same boat but I have a marathon in 2017 that I need to train for so I'll have a bit of a juggling act

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ok thanks best of luck with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement