Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting pool, only played snooker

Options
  • 28-10-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Many years ago I played a lot of snooker - intermediate, senior rankings etc. Was a reasonably decent player. I haven't played in about 20 years and I notice that where I live pool seems to be a much bigger game now. I was wondering, do many pool players use snooker cues or is this frowned upon? I can't say I've played much pool but I still have my nice 3 piece that I'd like to use to maybe try a bit of pool. Anyone any thoughts on this? I can't help thinking I'd have much better control with my small tip than those pool cues with plastic ferrule and foot wide tips!!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Pool balls are bigger and heavier though. You might not get any decent power from a snooker cue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Best bet I'd say is give it a go for yourself and see how it feels. I have played pool with my snooker cue quite often, but I do prefer a cue with a bigger tip when playing with the larger american pool balls.

Steve davis played on the 9 ball pool circuit very effectively for many years using his snooker cue.

Advertisement