Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import classic car from USA

Options
  • 28-10-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am buying a classic car in the US in the next month and am looking for guidance on the following...
    1. Can anyone arrange a shipping company that can organise everything for me?
    2. Could someone advise exactly what happens when container arrives in Dublin Port?
    3. When, where and to whom do I pay the Customs & Excise Duty and VAT
    4. What documentation do I need?
    I am looking for someone who has been through the process and can give step by step info.
    Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Check dd, a guy called Nick should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Contact Hill shipping in the UK, they do everything from start to finish including tax/duty, the guy I dealt with was called Jamie.

Advertisement