Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at RDS tomorrow **Also IDEAL HOMES EXHIBITION**

Options
  • 28-10-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Would there much parking available at the RDS during the game tomorrow and how much do they charge? We usually come by Bus but will need to drive this once. I see plenty of cars driving in the the Angelsea Road gate at matches. Would I be better off parking on street and walking over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Plenty of parking in Simmonscourt. Get there 45 minutes before kick off. Can be a bit of a pain getting out afterwards in the crowds.

I'd park around the canal which will be free and take the 5 minute stroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just remember the Ideal Homes Exhibition is also on this weekend.

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can't park in the actual RDS itself without a pass I believe.

Loads of on-street parking around Clyde road, Herbert Park etc. The earlier you are there the closer you will get to the ground, but you should find a space no problem. I think it's free on Saturdays.

There's a church behind the RDS that does parking, not sure about how much space it has. Old Belvedere also do parking (on Anglesea road).

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just remember the Ideal Homes Exhibition is also on this weekend.

Jesus Christ, delete that post in case my wife sees it over my shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Cheers, didn't know about the Ideal Homes. Reckon we'll nab a spot on street nearby and hoof it.

• Advertisement

Poor Kearney is going to be fierce distracted.

God f*ckin damn you mods. Who changed that title?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Buer wrote: »
    God f*ckin damn you mods. Who changed that title?

I lolled

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Traffic is crazy around there right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Parking fees apply on saturdays in almost all areas - check signage.

With Ideal Homes on, main simmonscourt carpark will be open (prob €6). You can also exit onto Shrewsbury road to avoid a lot of traffic when heading home.

• Advertisement

Walter2016 wrote: »

Large parts of D4 don't have pay and display operational on Saturday. Lansdowne Road is Mon - Fri, for example. Most of the canal too as well as areas around Clyde Road and Raglan Road are the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Walter2016 wrote: »

With Ideal Homes on, main simmonscourt carpark will be open (prob €6). You can also exit onto Shrewsbury road to avoid a lot of traffic when heading home.

Is that €6 for all day? Might be going to the ideal homes shindig before the game, would be handy parking there and just strolling over for the match then...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is that €6 for all day? Might be going to the ideal homes shindig before the game, would be handy parking there and just strolling over for the match then...

Yep all day

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Zzippy wrote: »

You and the mates going to look at sofas before the match instead of going for pints?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    You and the mates going to look at sofas before the match instead of going for pints?

Nah, the missus saw the thread title and said we're going to that. Me and Buer are going to kick 7 shades of ****e outta ya after the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Dublin Marathon Expo on tomorrow aswell. Will be a busy day around RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Few little side streets between Ranelagh and Donnybrook are free on Saturday.

Handy 5 - 10 min walk and easy to drive away after Leinster take a beating from the mighty men from the wescht!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Nabbed a free spot on Lansdowne Rd as it happened. Quick stroll up to the RDS where we all really enjoyed the match. The lure of Paddy Cullens was a killer on the way home. (Wife & 3 kids in tow..)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The cricket club is also a good option, opposite the church.

I got a taxi in and the traffic was mad, church was full 45 mins before KO, never seen that before. Glad I didnt drive, good second half for Leinster and rake of pints after:D

Advertisement