Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham vs Leicester City

Options
  • 28-10-2016 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭

Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Leicester-City-1.jpg

Going through a wee dry spell in front of goal. Really hoping Pochettino leaves Janssen up front, give the lad a chance.

We owe them a thrashing, 3-0 Tottenham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Leicester-City-1.jpg

Going through a wee dry spell in front of goal. Really hoping Pochettino leaves Janssen up front, give the lad a chance.

We owe them a thrashing, 3-0 Tottenham.

Yeah I think Son up front doesn't really suit him, hope Lamela is dropped and Janssen left up front. We could really do with a win here, or we'll be seriously lacking momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I think Alderweireld is still out injured. I'd agree on Lamela being dropped.

Team should be pantie fresh. Bournemouth game was pure shíte.

Huth scoring late on still stings. Another game where we dominated possession and created near to 20 chances and still lost.

Wanyama has been a monster in midfield, partnered up with Dembele. Push Alli forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

the problem with sticking Jansen up top is that it is so predictable in terms of what we do going forward then. The Leicester center half's will love defending against him as the West Brom guys did to.

We need to pull defenses all over the place - Jansen doesn't do this whereas ali and son will.

eoinola wrote: »
    the problem with sticking Jansen up top is that it is so predictable in terms of what we do going forward then. The Leicester center half's will love defending against him as the West Brom guys did to.

We need to pull defenses all over the place - Jansen doesn't do this whereas ali and son will.

He's hasn't had any service into the box, comfortable for any defence to marshal a lone striker. Unless your Suarez.

I know people wanna see him do more than jostling. Facing defenders, not with his back to them yada, yada. Well cross the fecking ball, or give him something to run on to.

Has anyone actually looked at YouTube footage of him actually scoring goals? Just viewed them, the majority are all scored either in the penalty box, or just out.

He'll be a success, that I have no doubts about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's hasn't had any service into the box, comfortable for any defence to marshal a lone striker. Unless your Suarez.

I know people wanna see him do more than jostling. Facing defenders, not with his back to them yada, yada. Well cross the fecking ball, or give him something to run on to.

Has anyone actually looked at YouTube footage of him actually scoring goals? Just viewed them, the majority are all scored either in the penalty box, or just out.

He'll be a success, that I have no doubts about.

I remember the exact same being said about soldado! Hope Jansen works out better, but I'm not filled by hope from what I've seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

It's jannsens day today....2 from him and a walker screamer......dmebe,e and wanyama to boss midfield......winning Spurs will be back today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Dembele Wanyama

Eriksen Dele Son

Janssen

Surprised but happy Poch dropped Lamela. I thought Poch was gonna keep staying loyal to him.

Leicester have lost all of their away games this season, with one eye on qualification from their Champions League group midweek. We should win, we owe them one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Wimmer will be gone by January. Carter-Vickers on the bench ahead of him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is this being televised at all?

• Advertisement

Perfect line up for me. No excuses today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

YESSSSSSSS! deserved that.

Yes Janssen.... Start banging them in now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Feckin hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Typical Tottenham, we will gift Leicester there first away points of this season, no point in looking to the bench either, no game changers there

Son needs to get into the game. Maybe more suited coming in off the left?

I'd take Alli off and get N'Koudou on. Then put Son on the left wing.

Worrying that there hasn't been a PL game with more than two goals in WHL thus season.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Disappointing result at home.this team has lacked creativity all season.in Jansens defence I cannot recall him missing many if any clear cut chances.He hasn't been presented with any.Is that his fault or more the fault of those around him?Massive game now next Sunday.we need at least a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭golfball37

How many of our ten games so far have we got more than one goal?
    Therein lies the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Patww79 wrote: »
    Shows how reliant on Kane the side is, and were completely blessed last year that he stayed fit the majority of it.

Doesn't help when you finally buy another striker and he turns out to bea donkey too.

It hasn't worked out yet and he may not be suited by the premier league or not good enough? I think its harsh to call him a donkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Patww79 wrote:

jobeenfitz wrote:
    It hasn't worked out yet and he may not be suited by the premier league or not good enough? I think its harsh to call him a donkey.

Lay off the donkeys lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Frustrating times ahead, because there is no stand out side this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Patww79 wrote: »

Janssen is no donkey. Superb work rate but he is not getting a great service. I think he'll work out for us longterm.

He needs time to settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭golfball37

We have enough work horses we need stardust.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Janssen is no donkey. Superb work rate but he is not getting a great service. I think he'll work out for us longterm.

He needs time to settle in.

We need crosses into the box and width. How can Poch not see this, the constant obsession with our midfield players cutting inside is infuriating and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

When we beat Man City, we looked like potential title winners. Results since then have been very frustrating, particularly yesterday's match. We had 6 shots on target and scored with one. Leicester only had one shot on target. If we lose next weekend, we're in danger of becoming detached from the top 4.

Not sure where we go from here, but I'm beginning to get that old familiar feeling. We really need Harry Kane back - any news on when this is likely to happen?

abff wrote:
    We really need Harry Kane back - any news on when this is likely to happen?

Potentially back midweek. I'd say he might come on to get a few mins under his belt with a view to starting against Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

abff wrote: »
    When we beat Man City, we looked like potential title winners. Results since then have been very frustrating, particularly yesterday's match. We had 6 shots on target and scored with one. Leicester only had one shot on target. If we lose next weekend, we're in danger of becoming detached from the top 4.

Not sure where we go from here, but I'm beginning to get that old familiar feeling. We really need Harry Kane back - any news on when this is likely to happen?

Lads...we are still the only unbeaten team in the premiership.....we are in the champions league with a good chance of qualifying. Yes we are after drawing the last three matches with quite boring results but before that we annihilated city who are the richest club in the world with supposedly the best manager. I've had goes with people on this forum before about being negative...and yes sometimes I'm frustrated but come on....stop calling people donkeys (I know this poster didn't, I'm just demonstrating a negative post) stop ridiculing walker, let's get behind the best team in the world...and yes of course I'm biased but for the first time ever (and I include last year in this) I reckon we have a chance of winning the premiership....we have the best best centre halves, best goalie, great midfield and when Kane comes back one of the best strikers in Europe (surprised he wasn't shortlisted for the ballon for..bit more positivity from the fans would be nice....when we come on here wouldn't it be great to read all the good stuff instead of vitriol, ridicule and disparaging comments...we are Spurs...we are Lilly whites and we are Tottenham, super Tottenham, we are Tottenham from the lane!!!!xxxx

Advertisement