Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics for Leaving Cert without Business in JC

Options
  • 27-10-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all
    I am looking for a bit of advice for my son.
    He had to choose between Business Studies and Technology of his junior cert this week (he just started 1st year).
    And he has chosen Technology.
    I would like him to study economics for his leaving cert too, when the time comes.
    Is it possible to study successfully without having studied Business in the junior cert?

Any and all advice is much appreciated
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I did Economics for the Leaving without Business in the Junior. Enjoyed it a lot and got a C2 at Higher Level.

That was in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

He'll do fine in leaving cert economics without business. That's if he wants to do it. It seems a bit strange to be picking your son's leaving cert subjects when he's in first year would you not let him choose himself when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SiobhanMCDK

Just looking at the overall picture, we have a family business and he is being asked to choose between two important sections and I wanted to make sure he had options down the road.

Thanks for the help :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He may choose to go into the family business, he may not. Nothing puts people off as much as feeling they are being shoehorned into something.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Im currently doing Business,Accounting and Economics without doing Jc business.I am having no problems with Economics nice short course, I wouldnt even say he is at any real disadvantage to the students who done Jc business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SiobhanMCDK

Hi

Thanks Telo123 & pajor.

:)

Advertisement