Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any reliable car insurers in Ireland?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Very bad claim settlement experience with Aviva. Like they have agreed the settlement sum which is pretty trivial and yet 2 months and five phone calls later still no payment. Their reviews on trustpilot.ie are horrific - are they the worst insurer in Ireland? And on a more positive note I would love to hear about experiences with other insurers - surely there are some/one good one?

Lets hear from you all.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Aviva are a good insurer to deal with. They've more experienced staff than most other Insurers. My wife is insured with them. I wouldn't put a policy with a company I couldn't trust

There's more to your story than you are letting on. If you have been offered and accepted a settlement, NO insurer is allowed wait longer than 10 days to issue payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I find Aviva great. I haven't made a claim but at renewal time I find them very good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john1066

Well if you think Aviva are good I would point you to trustpilot.ie to look at the feedback on aviva car insurance - absolutely shocking to read how that company behaves.

John1066

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tbh, people are generally going to post online about a bad experience.

You could have a thousand customers happy with a companies service and 2 people unhappy, more often than not its the unhappy ones that will post about it.

The same is true of every business in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

john1066 wrote: »
    Well if you think Aviva are good I would point you to trustpilot.ie to look at the feedback on aviva car insurance - absolutely shocking to read how that company behaves.

John1066

And do you have any association with that website?

Elaborate on the issue you have with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement