Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting eir when your phone bill is with another provider issues?

Options
  • 26-10-2016 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

What do you reckon about the situation when your paying your phone bills (notice I say bill not line rental) and your telephone line goes dead and you phone eir (nee eircom) and they will give you no information whatsover or help because (they say they cant) because you pay your bills with another phone provider and that you will have to report fault with them.

So, ultimately eir (or KN Group/construction or whatever they are called) look after the telegraph poles/lines / landline infrastructure (and as far as I know eir leases out the landline to whatever phone bill providers - im not that up on it and the ins and outs as you might be able to tell) but you cannot get to speak with them at all about anything (once they find out you dont pay an eir bill/an eir customer)

If you tell me yeah that's the way it should be and its logical, then fair enough no problem I am just throwing it out for discussion seeing what others think.

I remember in the past being given the runaround once when our phone line was dead and I phoned eircom and they looked up my detrails and then said "your not an eircom customer so I cannot help you I am afraid or give you any indication of when it can be fixed and told to phone Vodafone (vodafone at home landline technical support) and then me being told "you only pay the bill to Vodafone but the lines and poles and outside work are owned by eircom , not us so its eircom you have to get in touch with" - I am sure this has most probably happened to others as well, not just me. - I think in the end I werent getting anywhere and had to get in touch with comreg in the end about the problem and then I got it sorted.

Also (instead of me starting another thread) - what do you think about the state of the wooden telegraph poles on the edge of the roads/ditches with the telephone lines and the poles nearly falling into fields or onto the road (IE not vertical as they should be) and ivy and trees growing on the pole itself and the branches getting into all the junction boxes etc - some of these lie like that for or have been lying like that for months/years with no maintenance (or straightening up or replacing) - eir and KN must drive past these on a regular day to day basis but they dont seem to do anything about them and just leave them so long like that. I am surprise with them in such a poor state we have any landline dial tone at all, let along broadband coming in to our homes.

What do you reckon the problem is why they are not maintained? - not enough money poured into the infrastructure? - planning issues? (not getting permission from the county council) accessibility issues? (say if its on a farmers land and need a permit to enter the land?) or what do you reckon it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That will be 300 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

The service provider and network management are separate. If you have an issue with your network you ring your service provider. If they are satisfied it isn't an issue on their end then they will log an issue with the Eir network. I'm not sure why you would expect the Eir provider to deal with your issue when you aren't their customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You pay your provider. They pay openEir. Eir have nothing to do with it. The deal between your provider is they provide customer care, openEir provide the metallic path and bitstream.

There is a large pole replacement program under way, look for letters appearing on them.

Why always in AH, clearly a BB forum topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ED E wrote: »
    You pay your provider. They pay openEir. Eir have nothing to do with it. The deal between your provider is they provide customer care, openEir provide the metallic path and bitstream.

There is a large pole replacement program under way, look for letters appearing on them.

We could always try turn AH on and off first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Do people even maintain landlines outside of work anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sorry, i'm always getting that wrong - but on another note , but connected, - I find when I post something in AH I get more replies than if I post in other sections on boards (unless it just feels like that) than if I posted in another section (if that makes sense) and I look on AH as being good for things when the questions dont properly fit in the other sections .. plus people on AH seem to have more banter in them and are funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

.....There is a large pole replacement program under way, look for letters appearing on them...

Thanks, interesting, I shall have to keep an eye out

Advertisement