Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad Diploma Pyschotheray

Options
  • 26-10-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section but here goes. I was planning on applying for a post grad dip in intergrative psychotherapy at University of Limerick, but the course re-structured and not running for the next two years as far as I'm aware of. Most of post grads are being offered in Dublin, but would anyone know if there is one being run preferably in Munster.

Tans a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

CIT in Cork do a master in integrative counselling.

Google it

ah here ya go, just as you seem lazy

http://www.cit.ie/course/CRHINTP9

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

dar100 wrote: »
    CIT in Cork do a master in integrative counselling.

Google it

ah here ya go, just as you seem lazy

http://www.cit.ie/course/CRHINTP9

I did google it for your information, what came up was a masters, I'm looking for a post grad diploma which is not offered in cork.

Garrett81 wrote: »
    I did google it for your information, what came up was a masters, I'm looking for a post grad diploma which is not offered in cork.

If I remember correctly, the UL post grad dip, was two years. This masters is two years, I fail to see why you wouldnt do a masters?? Post grad dip is usually first year, unless its a four year masters, then sometimes its year 3

With the likelyhood of stat reg coming in, you will need a masters to utilise the title psychotherapist. Otherwise, you'll be using the term counsellor.

There are no post grad dips in counselling outside Dublin, unless you want play/art therapy etc.

ICHAS in Limerick do Masters, but unless you've a undergrad in counselling, I suspect you don't, I'd stay away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

As I hold a level 7 in social care I was hoping to a apply to UL for recognition of prior learning, as Iv other qualifications and personal development done. UL were running a 2 year post grad dip, and then a two year masters. I would need to do the post grad diploma as I would not be eligible for the masters. That's why I was asking as I can't find much online apart from Dublin.

You won't get RPL with a social care qualification, no chance of that happening. Even if you have years of your own therapy/personal development behind you, still won't get the personal therapy hours connected to the course off

Even if you have modules that you done on your undergrad degree, that match the ones on the post grad, (unlikely) it's very unlikely you'd get RPL, as they would be at level 7 as opposed to level 9.

If this is a course you really want to study is suggest for you to go the masters route.

If you find a four year masters you would meet criteria. Dublins your best bet. DCU run a good masters, think it's one weekend per month, so not much travel

• Advertisement
Advertisement