Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frame rate on DVDs

• 26-10-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys

Hoping somebody can help me with a technical question regarding the frame rate on a playback of a DVD.

I regularly buy discs of football games off a guy in Britain. Over the years 99% of these discs have been fine. However, some of the more recent discs he's sent me are suffering from a particular problem.

Basically, the footage plays as if it's had half the frames removed, and plays steadily but jerkily, as if it's a movie rather than a recording of a live-coverage football match (if you see what I mean). The actual image quality is fine, i.e. everything is pin sharp. But the frame rate makes it look like something from the 1950s.

I've changed my DVD player and tried a few different TV sets, but the problem remains with these particular discs.

The guy is extremely helpful to deal with, but he can't understand what's wrong, and he says none of his other customers have said anything to him about this.

So, anyone got any ideas? Is he unwittingly compressing the files too small when he's burning them to disc himself? And then the ultimate result is this jerky quality to the flow of the footage?

Many thanks to anybody who can help with this, it's driving me mad.

Advertisement