Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house - seller can't sell

Options
  • 26-10-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I recently went about the process of buying a home. got a mortgage and insurance etc and everything was going fine. The mortgage was drawn-down and I was waiting on getting the keys. Then I was told that the seller didn't have the legal right to sell the home.
    The house is being sold by the owners children as she is elderly and unwell. The children applied for and received power of attorney but since then, the owner has become mentally unwell and they now need to apply for Enduring Power of Attorney.
    I was told this could take three weeks and may not even be granted.

Does anyone know where this leaves me financially? I have already begun repayments on the mortgage and have paid for solicitors reports, land registry, insurance, valuations etc
    Does the fault lie with my solicitor for not ensuring the sale was legal or with the sellers solicitor for not advising the sellers?

Any advise greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: OP, you have quite a serious legal issue on your hands and advice cannot be given here in accordance with the Charter. Seek professional legal advice, pronto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement