Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkea Castle reopening.

Options
  • 26-10-2016 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Not sure how common this is known but Kilkea Castle is re-opening Spring/Summer 2017 along with the golf club.

I have no idea as to what market is targeted (4 or 5 star), in fact the above is all the detail I have right now. Anyone know anything more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

yep, it is due to open in the coming months. Progress has gone really well and they are near completion. Sounds like it will be a staggered opening though, with the castle opening first and then the golf course following later in the year. They have done a lot of work on the course but it still needs a few more months to finish. It sounds like the new owner from the US is doing the project properly and investing a lot of money in it. Seen some teaser photos on FB from inside and it looks superb.
    Eager to see the finished article!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Crapgolfer

Great news. I'll get up for a game so. I wonder if the layout is the same as it was.

Have not got in to have a walk around but from the outside I have not seen any big changes to the course layout. They seem to have been concentrating on rebuilding the bunkers, greens etc and dredging out blockages in the river which caused it to flood frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

They are going to lengthen one of the par 4's to a par 5 & also one of the par 3's to a par 4. That wont be until next year as far as I know. Rumors of an 18 month membership fee from June '17 for €790.

K3v wrote: »
    They are going to lengthen one of the par 4's to a par 5 & also one of the par 3's to a par 4. That wont be until next year as far as I know. Rumors of an 18 month membership fee from June '17 for €790.

Interesting re the membership, as I heard that they were thinking about 'pay per play'. As long as it opens either way I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement