Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenbarrow Coillte

Options
  • 25-10-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of heading to glenbarrow for a night next week to get my winter gear out and test out my new down blanket (I carry a synthetic blanket as well for layering if it gets too chilly).

I'm fairly familiar with glenbarrow as I moved nearby recently and regularly do the looped walks, but I'm still unsure about where the designated camping area is exactly from the perspective of the trailhead, and the GPS coordinates from the coillte page seem a bit off/not specific enough.

If I go a little further up the hills from the official site is anyone going to care much? I'd almost prefer a more exposed spot.

Advertisement