Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering student's laptop for 800 euro

Options
  • 25-10-2016 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi All,

I know that a similar thread exists but I would like to be more precise in what I need.

I am an Aeronautical Engineering student and currently seeking a laptop for around 800 euro. (+- E100). I will be doing CAD/Solid Works and performing CFD (Fluid Dynamics) calculations on it using a software. I need something powerful enough for it to handle.

I would like an SSD drive on it as it makes hell of a difference to me after I last transitioned from my HDD.

I found THIS on Scan.co.uk and I believe its the best I will get. Any suggestions ladies & gents?

Thanks for help :) !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've no experience with it but CFD sounds like something that could be pretty intensive. If it doesn't leverage GPU acceleration it may be worth looking at a little extra grunt.

Advertisement