Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying insurance company

Options
  • 25-10-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. A relative of mine was involved in an accident and they managed to get the insurance policy of the other person involved. Unfortunately they did not note the actual insurance company and my relatives insurance company cannot identify the other persons insurance company from the policy number for some reason....

The policy number starts with AARACV. Would anyone here know what company these letters would be associated with? I know Liberty/Quinn always starts with a GEI/QMP so I'm assuming other insurers have their own codes they can be identified with. Perhaps someone here has the same code at the beginning of their policy which will help me identify the company involved.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. A relative of mine was involved in an accident and they managed to get the insurance policy of the other person involved. Unfortunately they did not note the actual insurance company and my relatives insurance company cannot identify the other persons insurance company from the policy number for some reason....

The policy number starts with AARACV. Would anyone here know what company these letters would be associated with? I know Liberty/Quinn always starts with a GEI/QMP so I'm assuming other insurers have their own codes they can be identified with. Perhaps someone here has the same code at the beginning of their policy which will help me identify the company involved.

Thanks in advance

The AA?

Though they are technically a brokers.

Might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I have seen ARA policy numbers, but not AARA. They belonged to a scheme managed by Arachas Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The AA?

Though they are technically a brokers.

Might be worth a shot.

It's an RAC policy through the AA would be my guess so RAC would be the insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Blackbird00

Thanks for your suggestions. I rang both Arachas and the AA and the policy is not with either of them. RACV from what I can gather is an Australian company and I've not been able to find a base/contact number for them here.

My relatives insurance company said the policy number is not from any of the bigger, more well known companies as they'd recognize the code so it must be from some smaller, more obscure company.

Forgot to mention, it's also a van that the policy relates to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

By any chance do you have the registration number for the other car ? If so, see if the Gardai can assist.

Thanks for your suggestions. I rang both Arachas and the AA and the policy is not with either of them. RACV from what I can gather is an Australian company and I've not been able to find a base/contact number for them here.

My relatives insurance company said the policy number is not from any of the bigger, more well known companies as they'd recognize the code so it must be from some smaller, more obscure company.

Forgot to mention, it's also a van that the policy relates to...

The fact that it is a van policy helps. Insurers usually put the type of policy in the number. In this case it could be the 'CV' in the reference (commercial vehicle). That would leave us with AARA, which might be Aaran Insurance. Try 01/4782020. They're brokers but it could be a scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Blackbird00

The fact that it is a van policy helps. Insurers usually put the type of policy in the number. In this case it could be the 'CV' in the reference (commercial vehicle). That would leave us with AARA, which might be Aaran Insurance. Try 01/4782020. They're brokers but it could be a scheme

Spot on!!! Thanks very much. I've rang them and the policy is with them. Thanks again :)

Spot on!!! Thanks very much. I've rang them and the policy is with them. Thanks again :)

I love a mystery :p

Advertisement