Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace pumped shower with fully electric one

Options
  • 25-10-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi - in my apartment I have a shower that's fed from a cylinder where the water is heated overnight. So it's not an electric shower as such (see attached pic).

The brand name is "Essentials" if that means anything to anyone. I'm wondering if I can replace this with a fully electric one that heats the water as it passes through, which will allow hot showers any time and not just after the water has been heated.

I know that piping / wiring can be different and it probably needs to be inspected to see if it can be done, but in general is this possible?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's a Mira Essentials shower. Now called a Mira Vigour.

Getting an electric shower would be considered a full new installation rather than a replacement. You can expect to pay 600/700 euro supplied & fitted. The problem with retro fitting an electric shower in an apartment is you have no attic space to hide the nwe cable from the fusebox to the shower. Same thing if a new water pipe is needed from the tank

Advertisement